emerging writers contest: Ploughshares

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      Ploughshares Emerging Writer's Contest
      https://www2.pshares.org/submit/

      Deadline
      Tue, 4/02/2013
      Categories
      Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
      Entry Fees
      $24, includes a year's subscription to Ploughshares. Current subscribers may submit for free.
      Prizes
      $1,000 and publication in Winter 2013-14 issue of Ploughshares for the winner of each category.
      Description
      Open to previously unpublished writers. Fiction or nonfiction under 6,000 words and between 3-5 pages of poetry accepted. Submit via online submission form.
      Contact Information
      Ploughshares, Emerson College, 120 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02116

      617-824-3757

      pshares@...
      Website
      http://www.pshares.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2016
        Be Discovered: Ploughshares Emerging Writer's Contest
        Deadline: May 15, 2016

        Since 1971, Ploughshares has been committed to promoting the work of new writers. In the spirit of our founding mission, our Emerging Writer’s Contest recognizes a winner in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Submit today for a chance to win $1,000 and publication in Ploughshares!

        Visit pshares.org/submit for more information
      • CRWROPPS LIST
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17
          Ploughshares Emerging Writers Contest
          :
          open to writers of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry who have yet to publish a book. The winner in each genre will be awarded $1,000. Poetry entries should contain 3-5 pages of poetry. For poetry, we will be reading both for the strongest individual poem and the general level of work, and may choose to publish only some of the winner's submitted poems. Writers are allowed to submit only one entry to the contest, per year. Includes a 1-year subscription. https://www.pshares.org/submit/emerging-writers-contest/guidelines

          The Emerging Writer's Contest is open to writers of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry who have yet to publish or self-publish a book. The winner in each genre will be awarded $2,000. Read past winners of the contest here. To submit to the Emerging Writer's Contest, please visit our submission manager.
          The 2017 contest judges are Garth Greenwell (fiction), Meghan Daum (nonfiction), and Natalie Diaz (poetry).
          Publication
          The winning story, essay, and poems from the 2017 contest will be published in the Winter 2017-18 issue of Ploughshares, and each writer will receive $2,000.
          Eligibility
          You are eligible if you:
          • Have yet to publish a book (including chapbooks, eBooks, translations, books in other languages/countries, and self-published works).
          • Have no book forthcoming before April 15, 2018.
          • Are not affiliated with Ploughshares or Emerson College as a contributing author, volunteer screener, blogger, intern, student, staff member, or faculty member.
          • Will not have a relationship with Emerson before April 15, 2018 (example: if there is a chance you will attend the Emerson MFA program in the coming year or if your work has been accepted for publication for an upcoming issue).
          Submitting
          The contest opens March 1, 2017 at noon EST and closes May 15, 2017 at noon EST. We will announce winners in mid-September, 2017.
          Fiction and Nonfiction: Under 6,000 words
          Poetry: 3-5 pages
          Submit one entry per year via our online submission manager.
          • No entries via email or mail will be considered for the contest.
          • Submitted work must be original and previously unpublished in any form.
          • For poetry, we will be reading both for the strongest individual poem and the general level of work, and may choose to publish one, some, or all of the winner's submitted poems.
          • Cover letters are not necessary. All identifying information will be removed from submissions.
          Entry Fee
          Entry to the contest requires a $24 fee, which is waived if the submitter is a current subscriber. The fee is:
          • Payable by Visa or MasterCard through the online submission system.
          • Includes a 1-year subscription to Ploughshares (beginning with the Spring 2017 issue and ending with the Winter 2017-18 issue).
          • Includes free submissions to the 2017 reading period
          Current subscribers—through the Winter 2017-18 issue—may submit for free.*
          *If you are a current subscriber, you will still be prompted to checkout, but you will not be required to enter your credit card information and will not be charged.
          To submit to the Emerging Writer's Contest, please visit our submission manager.