Call for Submissions: Zingara Poetry Picks
- Call for Submissions
Zingara Poetry Picks, a weekly feature of the blog, Zinagarapoet.net,
which has a loyal following and reaches a broad range of readers, is
seeking submissions of previously unpublished poems (on-line or in
print) for the website. Poems should be no longer than 40 lines,
including stanza breaks.
The suggested monthly themes are intended as inspiration; they should
not be considered as rigid requirements. Creative and unexpected
interpretation of suggested themes is encouraged and appreciated.
Please feel free to submit poems that are even remotely connected to
the monthly theme and have confidence that all poems will be considered.
Published poets receive bragging rights and the possibility of having
their work included in a print chap-book sized anthology. Send up to
three poems and a 20-30 word biography (written in the third person),
as a Word Document attachment, to
. Be sure to include the theme in the subject line of the email. Up to
two poems per poet may be posted within a 12 month period. The editor
reserves the right not to publish a poetry pick on any given Wednesday.
(A note on formatting: poems that contain lines which are flush with
the left margin are more conducive to publication on a blog site than
those which have indentions or unusual margin settings).Themes for 2013
April’s suggested theme: The Reckoning of time. (Priority deadline,
April 1st) (one slot left!)
May’s suggested theme: Fertility. (Priority deadline, May 1)
June’s suggested theme: Marriage (success or failure). (Priority
deadline, June 1)
July's suggested theme: Something "hot." You can interpret "hot" in
many ways - temperature, a hot topic, that new guy at the
gym...(priority deadline, July 1)
August's suggested theme: Age and respect, something or someone that is
venerated. (Priority deadline, August 1)
September's suggested theme: OPEN - send your best stuff. (Priority
deadline, September 1)
October's suggested theme: Death, dying, funerals, the afterlife,
paranormal activities, ghosts, spooks, ghouls, and anything spooky.
(Priority deadline, October 1)
November: Women Poets Only (open theme)
December's suggested theme: TBA
- Revised call for submissions for Zingara Poetry Picks.http://zingarapoet.net/category/zingaras-poetry-picks/
Email poems tozingarapoetATgmailDOTcom
Zingara Poetry Picks seeks submissions of previously unpublished poems (on-line or in print) of 40 lines or fewer for 2016 picks. New, emerging, and established poets are encouraged to submit and all submissions will be given careful consideration.Please keep the following in mind when submitting your best poems:
- Reading period for Zingara Poetry Picks is from August 15 to December 31st. Unless the deadline is extended, submissions received outside of this time period will not be acknowledged or considered. In fact, they will be deleted.
- There is no fee to submit
- Title of poem(s) should appear in the email subject line
- The body of the email should include a cover letter and a professional biography of 50 words or fewer written in the third person
- Attach a word document with no more than three poems of 40 or fewer lines
- Only one submission at a time (please wait to hear back before submitting more poems)
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let ZingraPoet know immediately if submitted work is accepted elsewhere
- ZingaraPoet does not accept previously published work
- Published poets receive bragging rights and the chance to share their work with a diverse audience
- Poets who are published on Zingara Poetry Pick should wait 24 months before submitting again
- Do not submit if you have had a poem featured on Zingara Poetry Picks in the last 24 months
- Submissions which do not follow these guidelines will be deleted without acknowledgement
- If accepted work is later published elsewhere, please acknowledge that the piece first appeared as a Zingara Poetry Pick.