distinguished visiting writer: BGSU

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      Fiction Writing. Distinguished Visiting Writer. The English Department seeks applicants for the Arts & Sciences Distinguished Visiting Writer. The successful candidate will be in residence spring 2014; teach one workshop in our BFA program and one workshop in our MFA program; give a reading and a lecture; and advise theses. Qualifications: 1) MA, MFA or Ph.D. by time of employment; 2) at least one book of fiction and critical recognition consistent with a writer of national reputation; and 3) evidence of outstanding teaching. Salary: competitive. See our website,http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/english/, for a fuller description of the position. Send cover letter, CV, transcripts, three current letters of reference, writing sample (one book), a list of courses taught with brief descriptions of each, and 1-2 sample undergraduate and graduate syllabi to Kristine Blair, Chair, English Department, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0191. Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. The starting date of employment for this position is January 2014. Application deadline: Postmarked by March 16, 2013. BGSU is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.