call for submissions: The Indian River Review

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2013
      The Indian River Review is currently soliciting submissions for its third issue scheduled for publication in late spring/summer 2014. The theme for this issue is “Technology,” and we plan to take a very broad view of this theme. As man moved from an oral to a literate culture, technology has affected the way we communicate and live. At one time, even the simple number 2 pencil was a technological advancement. From quills to computers, from knitting needles to the Mars Rover, technology comes in many forms, and we would like to explore this concept in our third issue. The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2014. Genres include short fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, critical essays, black and white photography, and book reviews. Please go to this link at the journal's weblog for submission details:
      http://theindianriverreview.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/call-for-papers-issue-number-3/

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8
        https://theindianriverreview.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/call-for-papers-issue-4/

        The Indian River Review is currently soliciting submissions for its 4th issue scheduled for publication in Summer 2016. The theme for this issue is “Knowledge” or “The Knowledge Commons,” and we plan to take a very broad view of this theme. With the development of digital media, our relationship to knowledge has changed dramatically. In the current digital age, anything we want or need to know is just a click away, something that is both potentially liberating and stifling; the amount of information available staggers the imagination. Even so, what defines knowledge? Is knowledge different from information? Can or should it be organized? Who decides? How does knowledge affect community and culture?
        The deadline for submissions is October 31, 2015. Genres include short fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, critical essays, black and white photography, and book reviews. Please do not send explicit content. See formatting and submission instructions below.
        All work is peer reviewed. The journal accepts only electronic submission, no hard copies. Please inform us if you are sending simultaneous submissions, and follow the requirements listed below for all submissions:
        • Text files must be sent as .doc, .docx, or .rtf email attachments.
        • Photography files must be sent as .tiff or .jpg email attachments.
        • Send short fiction attachments to hraulersATirscDOTedu
        • Send poetry attachments to smalloneATirscDOTedu.
        • Send creative non-fiction and photography attachments to tpowleyATirscDOTedu.
        • Send critical essays and book review attachments to smalloneATirscDOTedu.
        • Text-based submissions must use 12 point font and correct MLA format.
        • Short fiction, creative non-fiction, and critical essays are limited to 4,000 words.
        • Book reviews are limited to 1,000 words.
        • In your email, make sure to include your full name, phone number, address, institutional affiliation (if you have one), and the title(s) of the work you submit.
        • In your email, include a 50 to 100 word author biographical paragraph.
        • Send no more than 5 submissions for poetry.
        Please make sure to spend time proofing and editing your text submissions before sending them. Authors may even want to consider asking a friend to read the work first to help make sure an error free submission is sent. Submissions with incorrect grammar or misspellings may be automatically excluded from the review process. Those submissions that are accepted must be open to receiving minor editorial corrections. Payment upon publication will include one copy of  The Indian River Review.