Call for Submissions: AWP Heat Flash Contest
- Subject: Call for Submissions: AWP Heat Flash Contest
· The AWP HEAT Flash Contest is run in conjunction with AWP HEAT, a reading on Friday, March 8, at
Dillon's Restaurant & Bar, Boston, 955 Boylston Street, one block Hynes Convention Center. Free. 2:30 – 6:30 p.m.
· Winners of contest announced at 4:00 p.m. at AWP HEAT.
· Respond to this prompt: “Fire”
· Anyone may enter the contest, whether attending AWP or not.
· One entry per person, previously unpublished.
· Entries must be 1,000 words or less.
· Email entries to
awpheatflashcontest@... as a doc, docx, or rtf file.
· Stories may be submitted anytime between now and midnight March 1st EST.
· Up to three winning stories will be published by JMWW, Prime Number, and Corium.
· The contest will be judged by Shaindel Beers (The Children’s War and Other Poems), Cliff Garstang
(What the Zhang Boys Know), and Bonnie ZoBell (The Whack-Job Girls). Winners will receive copies of these books.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]