call for submissions: Naugatuck River Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
      http://naugatuckriverreviewsubmissions.com/

      Only two weeks left to submit your narrative poetry during Naugatuck River Review's open submissions period. Deadline is March 1st.
      Please go to http://naugatuckriverreview.com/submissions for guidelines and to connect to our online Submission Manager.

      We accept ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY through our online submission manager. Emailed submissions and mailed submissions will not be considered.

      During the submission period ONLY please submit no more than 3 unpublished NARRATIVE poems of no more than 50 lines each through the online submission manager. Please remove your name from your file, as the poetry is read blind by our editorial staff.

      Questions ONLY: Feel free to email us at naugatuckriverATaolDOTcom

      Accepted contributors will be rewarded with a copy of the journal. We are not in a position to pay you otherwise, but hope the journal is worth much more than the cost of its paper.
      Multiple submissions are discouraged, but simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as you inform us right away if your poem is accepted elsewhere. We claim first North American publication rights, so rights revert to the author after the initial publication period, just please give us credit. We prefer work that has not been previously published.

      WHAT IS NARRATIVE POETRY?
      We get this question quite often. What NRR is looking for are poems that tell a story, or have a strong sense of story. They can be stories of a moment or an experience, and can be personal or historical. A good narrative poem that would work for our journal has a compressed narrative, and we prefer poems that take up two pages or less of the journal (50 lines max). We are looking above all for poems that are well-crafted, have an excellent lyric quality and contain a strong emotional core. Any style of poem is considered, including prose poems. Poems with very long lines don’t fit well in the format. Hope this helps

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2014
        Naugatuck River Review, a print journal of narrative poetry, welcomes
        submissions for
        the Summer 2014 issue beginning January 1st and ending March 1st at
        midnight.

        Submission guidelines:

        This is an open (no fee) submission period and runs from January 1st
        through March 1st at midnight.
        We accept electronic submissions only through our ONLINE SUBMISSION
        MANAGER.
        Please go to our website at

        http://naugatuckriverreview.com/submissions

        to read the guidelines
        and to connect to the Submission Manager program.

        Accepted contributors will be rewarded with a copy of the journal. We
        are not in a
        position to pay you otherwise, but hope the journal is worth much more
        than the
        cost of its paper.

        During the submission period ONLY please submit no more than 3
        unpublished
        NARRATIVE poems of no more than 50 lines through the online submission
        manager.
        Put them all in one MSWord (docx or rtf) file.
        Please remove your name from your file, as the poetry is read blind by
        our
        editorial staff.

        Questions (ONLY): Feel free to email us at naugatuckriverATaolDOTcom.

        Multiple submissions are discouraged, but simultaneous submissions are
        fine, as
        long as you inform us right away if your poem is accepted elsewhere.
        Please send
        work that has not been previously published.