nonfiction contest: Lunch Ticket

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
      Lunch Ticket is honored to serve as the host for the Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction.
      Creative nonfiction authors are invited to submit an essay of up to 5,000 words on the subject of their choice. Winners will receive $250 and their work will be featured in the next issue of Lunch Ticket. Each award recipient must submit a 100-word biography, current photo, and send a brief note of thanks to the Woods’ family.
      The reading period for the award will be February 1 through March 30 for the issue that publishes in June, and August 1 through September 30 for the issue that publishes in December. Please note that previously published work will not be accepted.
      All submissions for the award will be considered for publication in Lunch Ticket. To submit, please visit: http://lunchticket.org/

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
        Lunch Ticket magazine (www.lunchticket.org)

        Lunch Ticket is honored to serve as the host for the Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction.

        Creative nonfiction authors are invited to submit an essay on the subject of their choice.

        Winners will receive a cash prize and their work will be featured in the next issue of Lunch Ticket.

        Please visit www.lunchticket.org for submission guidelines. Reading period is August and September for publication in December.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2013

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2015

            Subject: Lunch Ticket’s Diana Wood Memorial Award is now accepting submissions!

            DIANA WOOD MEMORIAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

            Lunch Ticket’s Diana Wood Memorial Award is now accepting submissions!

            The Diana Woods Memorial Award in creative nonfiction was established in Diana’s memory by family, friends, and the Antioch University L.A.’s MFA community. DWMA serves as an opportunity for authors worldwide to be published in the literary journal Lunch Ticket. Creative nonfiction authors are invited to submit an essay of 5,000 words maximum on the subject of their choice to be considered for the award. Submissions are open from August 1 to August 31, 2015. The winner receives $250 and will be featured in the next issue of Lunch Ticket with two semi-finalists. For further details/submission manager (please read the guidelines carefully before submitting), visit: http://lunchticket.org

          • CRWROPPS LIST
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28
              Please read guidelines thoroughly before submitting for the Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being read.
              Guidelines:
              http://lunchticket.org/contests/the-diana-woods-memorial-award/

              Lunch Ticket is honored to host the Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction. The award was established in Diana’s memory by her family, friends, and the Antioch University Los Angeles MFA community.

              We review Diana Woods Memorial Award submissions in February and August.

              Enter online at:
              https://lunchticket.submittable.com/submit/17673/diana-woods-memorial-award-in-creative-nonfiction

              Diana Woods Memorial Award Submission Guidelines:
              - Please submit once per Diana Woods Memorial Award (DWM) submission period.
              - All DWM submissions are also considered for our standard Creative Nonfiction section.
              - If you have been a winner or finalist for DWM, please wait one year before submitting again.
              - All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
              - All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
              - Please include a word count at the top of your piece – we accept prose up to 5,000 words.
              - We do accept simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
              - We do not accept previously published work.
              - We accept multilingual submissions in all genres.
              DWM winners receive $250 and publication in the next issue of Lunch Ticket. Two finalists will also be published in each issue.

              We look forward to sampling your work!