BOMB Biennial Fiction Contest
WIN $500 +
PUBLICATION IN BOMB
Deadline April 30th. The winner of our 2013 contest will receive a $500 prize and publication in BOMB Magazine’s literary supplement First Proof. All submissions will be read anonymously.
• Winner receives $500 and publication in BOMB Magazine
• Final Judge: Ben Marcus (author of The Flame Alphabet)
• Deadline: April 30th, 2013
• Reading Fee: $20* — includes a free one-year subscription to BOMB.
We are now only accepting online submissions. Go to
https://bombmagazine.submittable.com/submit/18453 to upload your story.
• Manuscripts must be less than 20 pages and consist of a single story.
• Include cover letter with name, address, email, phone number and title of story; do not write a name on the actual manuscript, as all entries will be considered anonymously.
• Simultaneous submissions OK, but reading fee is not transferable.
• Story must be previously unpublished.
firstproof@... with any questions.
Ben Marcus is the author The Flame Alphabet, a novel, recently published by Knopf. His other books are Notable American Women, The Father Costume, and The Age of Wire and String. Marcus has published stories, essays, and reviews in numerous publications, including Harper’s, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, The Believer, The New York Times, Salon, McSweeney’s, Time, Conjunctions, Grand Street, and Tin House. He is the editor of The Anchor Book of New American Short Stories, and for several years he was the fiction editor of Fence. Since 2000 he has been on the faculty at Columbia University’s School of the Arts, where he is an associate professor. Read his BOMB interview with Courtney Eldridge here.
*For Canadian addresses add $6, for addresses outside US and Canada, add $12.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]