Floating Bridge Chapbook Award for WA residents

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      For residents of Washington State only: The Floating Bridge Chapbook Competition for Poetry.

      Our submission deadline has been pushed back to March 1, 2013. Entry of $12 includes a copy of the winning chapbook.

      In addition, all individual poems will be considered for inclusion in Floating Bridge Review #6.

      Click here for electronic submission guidelines:

      http://www.floatingbridgepress.org/?9920a0c8

      Submission guidelines for hardcopy entries are listed below and on the Floating Bridge Press website: http://www.floatingbridgepress.org/. You will also find our winning chapbooks, including The Chewbacca on Hollywood Boulevard Reminds Me of You by Laura Read (2010 winner and then winner of the Donald Hall Prize for Poetry) and most recent winner, Another Exile on the 45th Parallel by Jodie Marion.

      Chapbook Award submission guidelines

      We are now accepting submissions for our 2013 chapbook competition. Submissions are accepted through February 15, 2013. Click here for electronic submission guidelines

      · Washington State (USA) residents only.

      · Simultaneous submission OK. Individual poems may be previously published.

      · Maximum 24 pages of poetry (does not include title page or table of contents).

      · Title page and paginated table of contents. Please include page number and title of manuscript on every page. Standard three-hole punch on left side if not submitting electronically.

      · Author’s name must not appear on the manuscript. Include a separate page containing title, author’s name, address, telephone, email, and acknowledgements of previous publication, if any.

      · Manuscripts are judged anonymously and will not be returned. Winner receives $500, 15 copies, and a reading in the Seattle area.

      · For notification of manuscript receipt, include a SAS postcard (optional).

      · For results notification, include a #10 SASE.

      · All entrants will receive a copy of the winning chapbook, and individual poems will be considered for inclusion in Floating Bridge Review. Winner to be announced in spring 2013. Reading in September 2013.

      · Reading fee: $12.00 check or money order, payable to Floating Bridge Press.

      · Deadline: Postmark between November 1, 2012 – February 15, 2013 March 1, 2013.

      · Mail your manuscript to: Floating Bridge Press, 909 NE 43rd Street #205, Seattle, WA 98105.

      · Questions? Send email to floatingbridgepressATyahooDOTcom

      floatingbridgepress@....