Call for Submissions: Glass: A Journal of Poetry

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 9:03 AM
      Subject: Call for Submissions: Glass A Journal of Poetry

      Glass: A Journal of Poetry (ISSN 1941-4137) seeks poems for its sixth year of publication.  Full information about Glass, including submission guidelines, can be found at our website: http://www.glass-poetry.com

      Glass is an online poetry journal that appears two times a year (June and December).  We want to see poetry that enacts the artistic and creative purity of glass. We seek to promote new and established poets by publishing their work. We are not bound by any specific aesthetic; our only mission is to present high quality writing. All styles, forms and schools of poetry are welcome, though easy rhymes and “light” verse are less likely to inspire us. All will be judged on the quality of the content of the poem. We like poems that show a careful understanding of language, music, passion and creativity and poems that surprise us. Previous contributors include Rane Arroyo, Jim Daniels, Lisa Fay Coutley, Sandy Longhorn, Marcus Jackson, and Karen J. Weyant.

      This year we will also have two featured theme sections:Rebirth (Spring/Summer 2013) and Great Lakes Poets (Fall/Winter 2013-2014). Full submission guidelines available on our website: http://www.glass-poetry.com

      Submissions should be sent to our email address and should include up to four poems pasted into the body of the email. Simultaneous submissions are accepted. We accept submissions between September 1 and May 31.  Full submission guidelines can be found at http ://www.glass-poetry.com.   Please read our submission guidelines carefully.