The Fourth River: Call for Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      https://4thriver.submittable.com/submit

      The Fourth River Call for Submissions through March 15th, 2013

      The Fourth River is the literary journal of Chatham University’s MFA Programs, published annually in print and monthly online. We welcome submissions of creative writing that explore the relationship between humans and their environments, both natural and built, urban, rural or wild. We are looking for writing that is richly situated at the confluence of place, space and identity–or that reflects upon or makes use of landscape and place in new ways.

      The Fourth River accepts unpublished poetry, literary short fiction, and creative nonfiction. Please send up to seven poems or 7,000 words of prose at a time. We prefer to receive submissions through Submittable (4thriver[dot]submittable[dot]com,) and all submissions will be considered for print or online publication.

      Postal mail submissions are accepted with no charge. If sending a paper submission, please include SASE for response only. Manuscripts will be recycled. Include a cover letter with contact info along with the title and genre of the submission. We accept simultaneous submissions if indicated on the cover letter; please let us know immediately if a piece is accepted elsewhere.

      Submission Address for postal mail:
      (Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction) Editor
      The Fourth River
      Chatham University
      Woodland Road
      Pittsburgh, PA 15232

      For more information, feel free to contact Managing Editor Dakota Garilli at 4thriver[at]gmail[dot]com. Please note that we do not accept submissions via email. Accepted authors receive two copies of the journal.

      --
      Dakota Garilli
      Managing Editor