call for submissions: Illuminations

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      Now accepting submissions for Illuminations, volume 29,
      a Greek, theme-based issue
      Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2013
      Specifically, we are looking for work—poetry, fiction, essay, journalism, creative nonfiction, and visual art—that treats ideas related to Greece, ancient or contemporary, literally or figuratively. We are interested in a wide range of material—Mediterranean travel writing, work inspired by Greek mythology or philosophy, and translations of classical or modern Greek poetry. We also aim to publish work that offers perspectives on Greece’s current economic crisis—austerity measures, protests in Athens, unemployment, the emigration of Greek professionals, and related topics. In your cover letter, please reference how your work might contribute to our theme issue.

      Illuminations accepts submissions of up to six poems, or two prose pieces at a time by mail or e-mail. Writers may simultaneously submit provided you let us know immediately if accepted elsewhere. Please make sure to include your name and address on the work itself if sending by mail. If emailing, please paste the work into the body of your email as we sometimes have trouble with attachments. You can usually expect a response within a month but we're often a little slower than that. The magazine is published annually in the summer, so depending on when your work is accepted the lag between acceptance and publication can vary considerably

      Submissions accepted via email at
      scottcopesmATcofcDOTedu

      scottcopsesm@... or by post at

      Meg Scott Copses, Editor