fiction contest: Big Fiction

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013
      Entry

      link is: http://www.bigfictionmagazine.com/writers_guidelines/

      Big Fiction 2013 Knickerbocker Prize

      The first- and second-place entries will receive $500 / $250 and publication in our Summer contest issue. We're thrilled to announce that Lauren Groff (author of the novels Arcadia and The Monsters of Templeton, and the story collection Delicate Edible Birds) will judge.

      GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
      Submit your entry online between January 1 – February 28, 2013. All entries are considered for publication, and all participants will receive a copy of the contest issue. The winning entries will be announced on our website during May 2013, and will be published in our contest issue. Finalists will be given priority consideration, but because of space, we can’t guarantee publication.

      We welcome simultaneous submissions, but please notify us immediately at
      infoATbigfictionmagazineDOTcom
      info@... if your work is accepted elsewhere. Only previously unpublished work can be considered. Submit online through Submittable only (see link below). E-mailed submissions will not be considered.

      PARTICULARS:

      All entries must be single, self-contained works of fiction, between 7,500 and 30,000 words.
      Please DO NOT include any identifying information on the manuscript itself.
      Only literary fiction in English will be accepted. Sorry, no translations. (We’d love to publish a translation issue, just not this time.) No genre fiction or children’s, please.
      The $20 contest fee includes a copy of the contest issue for all entrants.
      International submissions are eligible for an additional $5 to help us cover postage.
      Volunteers and staff of Big Fiction are not eligible.

      HOW TO ENTER:
      Send your entry here: . On the form, be sure to include the mailing address where you would like us to send your complimentary issue. Questions about these guidelines? E-mail us at