U. of Wisconsin Writing Fellowships: deadline 2/28!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      http://creativewriting.wisc.edu/fellowships.html
      http://creativewriting.wisc.edu/fellowsapply.html

      click here to view this e-mail in a browser window

      WRITING FELLOWSHIPS,
      ($27,000). APPS DUE 2/28

      Submissions are now open for the Wisconsin Institute for Creative Writing Fellowships in poetry and fiction at UW-Madison. Fellowship winners will receive a $27,000 stipend and generous health benefits, and will teach one intermediate-level course in creative writing each semester for the nine-month 2013-14 academic year. Anyone who has completed an MFA or Ph.D. in Creative Writing (or will complete one by August 15, 2013), and who has either not yet published or has published only one full-length book of creative writing, is eligible. The deadline is February 28, and we now accept applications online. Please visit the website for more detailed info.

      For the first time this year, we will consider applications from individuals who have published only one full-length book of fiction or poetry at the time of the February 28 application deadline. We will, of course, continue to consider applications from those who have not yet published a collection, and we believe that many (if not most) of our successful applicants will continue to be unpublished authors. Interested parties should prepare the following materials before applying: (1) A writing sample consisting of either 10 pages of poetry (single-spaced pdf) or up to 30 pages of fiction (double-spaced pdf). Fiction applications must consist of either one short story or a novel excerpt. Your name must not appear anywhere on your manuscript. (2) A resume or curriculum vitae, concluding with the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of two recommenders, in pdf format. (3) A $45 application fee, payable by credit card.