call for submissions: Apple Valley Review

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 4, 2013
      Apple Valley Review will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal
      essays, and poetry
      for its Spring 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 1) until Friday, March 15, 2013.

      http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

      We prefer writing that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must
      be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre
      fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also,
      please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work
      is considered for our annual editor's prize.

      To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories pasted into the
      body of an e-mail message to our editor at
      editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

      The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete
      submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available
      online. http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2013
        Apple Valley Review
        will be reading submissions of short fiction, personal
        essays, and poetry
        for?the?Fall 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 2) until Sunday,?September 15, 2013.

        http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

        All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not
        submit
        strict genre fiction or anything particularly violent or explicit.
        ?

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 19, 2013
          Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions
          Submission deadline: September 15, 2013
          Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of short fiction, personal essays, and poetry for the Fall 2013 issue (Vol. 8, No. 2). All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit anything particularly violent or explicit. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize. To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at editor(at)leahbrowning(dot)net. The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available atwww.applevalleyreview.com

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 5, 2014
            Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

            Submission deadline: March 15, 2014

            Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of short fiction,
            personal essays, and poetry for the Spring 2014 issue (Vol. 9, No. 1).

            All work must beoriginal, previously unpublished, and in
            English. Please note that we do not acceptsimultaneous submissions.

            All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's
            prize.

            Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections,
            finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the
            Net, Best of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

            To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, allpasted
            into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor at

            http://www.applevalleyreview.com/%c2%a0
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2014

              Subject: call for submissions: Apple Valley Review

              Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

              Submission deadline: September 15, 2014

              Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of poetry,
              personal essays, and short fiction for the Fall 2014 issue (Vol. 9, No. 2).

              All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in
              English. Please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions.

              Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections,
              finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the
              Net, Best of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

              All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's
              prize.

              To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted
              into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.
              editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

              The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and
              complete submission guidelines are available online.

              http://www.applevalleyreview.com/

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 14, 2015

                Apple Valley Review - Call for Submissions

                Submission deadline: March 15, 2015

                Apple Valley Review is currently reading submissions of poetry, personal essays,
                and short fiction for the Spring 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 1).

                All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please note
                that we do not accept simultaneous submissions.

                Several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections, finalists,
                and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the Net, Best of the
                Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award.

                All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize.

                To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted into
                the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.   editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 15, 2015

                  Submission deadline: March 15, 2015 for the Spring 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 1).

                  The Apple Valley Review seeks unpublished personal essays and short
                  fiction (preferably between 500 and 3000 words, though the word count is
                  flexible) and poetry.  Prose poetry and translations are also welcome.

                  The
                  Fall 2014 issue included poetry and prose by Marge Piercy, Cameron Conaway, Joan
                  Mazza, J. Malcolm Garcia, and others.

                  Pieces from the journal have recently
                  been chosen as selections or finalists for Best American Essays, New Poetry from
                  the Midwest, and The Wigleaf Top 50 (Very) Short Fictions.

                  All published
                  work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize.  The 2014
                  recipient was Laura Lee Beasley.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 18, 2015
                    • Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
                    • http://www.applevalleyreview.com

                    • Deadline: September 15, 2015
                    Apple Valley Review is reading submissions of poetry, personal essays, and short fiction for the Fall 2015 issue (Vol. 10, No. 2). All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize, and several pieces from the journal have later appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American EssaysBest of the NetBest of the Web, and storySouth Million Writers Award. The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available online: www.applevalleyreview.com.
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 20, 2016

                      Call for Submissions: Apple Valley Review
                      http://www.applevalleyreview.com

                      Deadline: March 15, 2016

                      Apple Valley Review is reading submissions of short fiction, personal
                      essays, and poetry for the Spring 2016 issue (Vol. 11, No. 1). All work
                      must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please note that we
                      do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is automatically
                      considered for our annual editor's prize, and several pieces from the journal
                      have later appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best
                      American EssaysBest of the NetBest of the Web, and storySouth Million
                      Writers Award.

                      The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete
                      submission guidelines are available online: www.applevalleyreview.com.
                    • CRWROPPS LIST
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 5

                        Submissions for the Spring 2017 issue (Vol. 12, No. 1) of the Apple Valley Review are open through March 15, 2017.

                        We accept unpublished personal essays and short fiction (preferably between 100 and 3,000 words, though the word count is flexible) and poetry.  Prose poetry, translations, flash fiction, and writing with genre elements (such as fabulism/magical realism) are all welcome.

                        All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize.  The 2016 recipient was Colin Pope for his essay "Hard Pine," which appeared in the Spring 2016 issue.  Several pieces from the journal have also appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Essays, Best of the Net, Best of the Web, New Poetry from the Midwest, storySouth Million Writers Award, and The Wigleaf Top 50 (Very) Short Fictions.

                        To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.  editorATleahbrowningDOTnet

                        The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available online.  There are no fees.

                      • CRWROPPS LIST
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 12

                          Call for submissions: Apple Valley Review

                          Submissions for the Fall 2017 issue (Vol. 12, No. 2) of the Apple Valley Review are open through September 15, 2017.

                          We accept unpublished personal essays and short fiction (preferably between 100 and 3,000 words, though the word count is flexible) and poetry. Prose poetry, translations, flash fiction, and writing with genre elements (such as fabulism/magical realism) are welcome.

                          All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize. The 2016 recipient was Colin Pope for his essay "Hard Pine," which appeared in the Spring 2016 issue. Several pieces from the journal have also appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Short Stories, Best American Essays, Best of the Net, Best of the Web, New Poetry from the Midwest, storySouth Million Writers Award, and The Wigleaf Top 50 (Very) Short Fictions.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 13 7:48 AM

                            Apple Valley Review

                            Submissions for the Fall 2017 issue (Vol. 12, No. 2) of the Apple Valley Review are open through September 15, 2017.
                            We accept unpublished personal essays and short fiction (preferably between 100 and 3,000 words, though the word count is flexible) and poetry. Prose poetry, translations, flash fiction, and writing with genre elements (such as fabulism/magical realism) are welcome.
                            All published work is automatically considered for our annual editor's prize. The 2016 recipient was Colin Pope for his essay "Hard Pine," which appeared in the Spring 2016 issue. Several pieces from the journal have also appeared as selections, finalists, and/or notable stories in Best American Short Stories, Best American Essays, Best of the Net, Best of the Web, New Poetry from the Midwest, storySouth Million Writers Award, and The Wigleaf Top 50 (Very) Short Fictions.
                            Submission Description:
                            To submit, please send 1-6 poems or 1-3 essays/short stories, all pasted into the body of a single e-mail message, to our editor.
                            The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines are available online. There are no fees.
                            Simultaneous Submissions:
                            Deadline:
                            Website:http://www.applevalleyreview.com/