Call for submissions: Mason's Road Online Literary Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      We are pleased to announce the opening of our next submissions period! We are
      now accepting your best fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, drama, and craft
      essays. Issue Seven's theme is "point of view," and we are looking for unique
      and arresting takes on this topic.

      Our submissions period runs for two months: February 1 - April 1, 2013. There
      are two ways to submit to Mason's Road. You can submit for free any time during
      our submissions period, and your work will be given thorough consideration for
      publication. Or, you can submit with a $10 fee, and your work will also be
      considered for our Mason's Road Winter Literary Award, which includes
      publication and a $500 prize to the best entry we receive. Go to
      www.masonsroad.com/submissions for more information and to send in your work.

      In our just-published issue, we feature work by renowned artist Colleen
      Browning, interviews on craft with poet Carol Ann Davis, fiction writers Karen
      Osborn and Rachel Basch, and memoirist Jerald Walker. We are proud of the
      excellent array of work we selected from over 500 submissions, including the
      poem, "Gregory," by author Sylvia Byrne Pollack, which won our annual Mason's
      Road Literary Award. Visit www.masonsroad.com to check out all of the current
      issue's works.

      Sponsored by Fairfield University's MFA in Creative Writing, Mason's Road is an
      online literary journal with a focus on the lifetime learning of the writing
      craft. It is run by the program's graduate students and its goal is to be both
      educational and inspiring.

      Submit today! Good luck!