Call for Submissions: The Golden Key, a speculative literary journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: The Golden Key (http://whatwonderfulthings.net)

      The Golden Key is a bi-annual journal of speculative and literary writing, inspired by the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale of the same name. We seek realist work sensitive to the magical and strange. The fantastical. Slipstream. Fabulist. Gothic. Weird tales. Work that unlocks. Work that restocks. We love writers who see familiar things in unexpected ways, and writers who revel in playing with language.

      We are currently accepting unpublished fiction and poetry submissions for Issue #2 Old Things.

      Serve up your old tales, emblems, and creatures. Give us old words and customs, ancient stories passed down by word of mouth. We like places that have been forgotten, abandoned things now uncovered. Dust off those inherited grudges, legacies, traditions.

      Share something unremembered, or no longer made.

      Send us your ancient, your aged, your superannuated. Send us things that bear the marks of time, and those that have survived the ages without change. Send us your worn things, the vintage, the golden, the ancestralÂ…even the primeval.

      The submission period for our old things issue is January 1 to March 31, 2013.

      Please see our website for further detail on submissions (whatwonderfulthings.net/main/submissions). For journal updates, follow us on Twitter @GoldenKeyLit or Facebook.