poetry contest: FOLIO

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      Folio Announces 2013 Poetry Contest

      After our wildly successful poetry contest two years ago, Folio is proud to announce its 2013 Poetry Contest, which will be judged by the acclaimed poet and translator Martha Collins.

      Martha Collins is the author of five collections of poems, the most recent of which is White Papers (Pitt Poetry Series, 2012). In a review in the New York Times, Dana Goodyear, poetry editor at The New Yorker, writes of her collection Blue Front, "Her discursive, breathless, self-contradicting, breaking-off-and-circling-back technique makes the book feel like the testimony of a traumatized witness."

      The postmark deadline is February 15, 2013, for all entries. Reading fee is $15, which includes a one-year subscription. The winner of our contest will receive $500 and publication in the Spring 2013 issue of Folio. Our judge, Martha Collins, will also select a first runner-up and an honorable mention, which will each receive $150. All cover sheets must include name, address, phone number, email address, and titles of poems. Entrant's name should appear ONLY on the cover sheet. You may submit up to four poems of any style or length. Multiple entries are acceptible, as if a separate reading fee is included with each entry. Folio will not consider work from anyone currently or recently affiliated with American University.

      To submit an entry, please use our Online Submission Manager, http://foliolitjournal.submittable.com/submit. If you have questions, we can be reached at folio.editorsATgmailDOTcom