The Quotable: Open for Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      The Quotable is accepting submissions of flash fiction, short fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and art.

      The Quotable is a quarterly print & online publication and will accept submissions during the following reading periods:

      December 1 - February 1 : Spring Issue
      March 1 - May 1 : Summer Issue
      June 1 - August 1 : Fall Issue
      September 1 - November 1 : Winter Issue

      Unless otherwise noted, each issue will be centered around a theme and a quote.

      WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR ISSUE 9

      The theme is Day & Night

      "The day has eyes; the night has ears."
      ~Scottish Proverb

      We accept only original unpublished work. Fiction and non-fiction contributors are limited to one submission per reading period. Poetry and art contributors are limited to three submissions per reading period. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us immediately should your work be accepted elsewhere.

      We prefer double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman (or similarly readable font). To ensure fairness, The Quotable has a blind submissions process. Remove all identifying information - name, email address, etc. - from your manuscripts. We will decline any manuscript that contains the author's information. Cover letters should include your name and a brief bio to be used in the event of publication.

      We only accept submission through our submissions manager:

      To see general guidelines visit our Submittable page: https://thequotablelit.submittable.com/submit