call for submissions: At Length

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
      At Length will begin its next open reading period on February 1, 2012. Submissions received prior to that date will not be considered. (The same goes for submissions received after the closing date of February 28, 2012.)

      POETRY
      We’re interested in poems and sequences that are at least 7 single-spaced pages long. Please send a Word document or PDF to
      <poetry(at)atlengthmag.com> (replace (at) with @ when sending email)
      <poetry(at)atlengthmag.com>. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but be sure to mention it in the body of the email, and if parts of the work have already appeared in other venues, please note that as well and provide all relevant details. We will attempt to respond to all submissions within two months, and we ask that you only submit one poem or sequence at a time.
      PROSE
      We’re looking for fiction and non-fiction of at least 7,500 words in length. We welcome novellas, novel excerpts, memoirs, narratives, essays, and long short stories. No academic papers, please. Simultaneous submissions are fine; previously published pieces, not so much. Please send your work in a Word or .pdf file to
      <prose(at)atlengthmag.com>
      <prose(at)atlengthmag.com>, along with a short biographical note. We’ll do our best to respond within two months.

      GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE

    • CRWROPPS LIST
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12

        At Length is currently looking for music essays of at least 5,000 words. Personal stories are welcome, as are diverse voices, lyric/cross-genre essays, and writing about music not often covered in the music press. No reviews, please. Send work to music editor Danny Caine: music [at] atlengthmag.com. We’re open for submissions until January 31, and our response time is typically around 2 months.

        --
        Music, Writing, Art and Photography: atlengthmag.com