For poets with Topeka, KS connections

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2013
      Deadline: By Janurary 31, 2013.

      Previous and Current Topekans Project

      >Looking for poets who were born, raised, lived in, or currently lived in Topeka, Kansas, to submit a poem which mentions Topeka. Topeka has a long history of famous poets: Gwendolyn Brooks, Langston Hughes, Kevin Young, Ben Lerner, CA Conrad, Anne Boyer, Cyrus Console, Ed Skoog, Eric McHenry, Amy Fleury, Gary Jackson, Michael Robbins, Ronald Johnson, Sarah Mangold, Bret DeFries, Tod Marshall, Nick Twemlow, and possibly you! If so, famous or not, please submit one poem to

      dennis [dot] etzel [at] washburn [dot] edu

      I'm working on a Topeka cento, as well as a possible anthology. Would you please consider submitting? Remember: you should have been born in or lived in Topeka, Kansas to qualify.

      Thank you!

      Dennis Etzel Jr.
      Woodley Press, Managing Editor
      Diversity Initiative Committee