short story contest: Gemini Magazine

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 16, 2013
      David Bright, Editor

      Gemini Magazine

      http://www.gemini-magazine.com/

      editor@...

      339-309-9757

      Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its fourth annualShort Story Contest featuring a grand prize of $1,000. Second place wins $100and three honorable mentions each receive $25. All five finalists will bepublished online in the June 2013 issue of Gemini.

      Entry fee: $4. Deadline: April 1, 2013.

      Both published and unpublished writers have won our ShortStory Contests. Entries are read blind so everyone has a fair chance.

      Absolutely no restrictions on content, style, genre or length. Topics offinalists’ stories have been as varied as prostitution, the Irish RepublicanArmy, an annoying BlackBerry user, and death in Nairobi.

      Full details at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 21, 2014

        The deadline for the fifth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is March 31, 2014.

        The Grand Prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each). All five finalists will be published online in the June 2014 issue of Gemini.

        The competition is completely open: no restrictions on content, style, genre or length, so just send your best unpublished work.

        Entry fee: $5. Enter by email or snail mail.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 15, 2015

          The G rand Prize for the sixth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is $1,000 while the entry fee is just $5. Second place wins $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each).

          We have no rules and all entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as prostitution, The Troubles in Northern Ireland , anorexia, and a topless dental hygienist.

          Deadline: March 31, 2015 . Enter by email or snail mail.

          All five finalists will be published online in the June 2015 issue of Gemini.

          More information at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 29, 2015

            The deadline for the sixth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is Tuesday, March 31, 2015 . The competition is open to all.

            -         Grand prize: $1,000
            -         Second place: $100
            -         Three honorable mentions: $25 each
            -         Entry fee: $5
            -         All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance

            We are open to any subject, style or length. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as prostitution, The Troubles in Northern Ireland , and anorexia.

            All five finalists will be published online in the June 2015 issue of Gemini.

            Enter by email or snail mail.

            More information at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 20, 2016

              Subject: short story contest: Gemini Magazine

              Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest

              $1,000 prize plus four additional cash awards. Open to any subject, style or length. All five finalists will be published online in June. Entry fee: $5. We are committed to keeping entry fees low so writers don't have to break the bank just to participate.

              We welcome writers from all walks of life. All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance.

              This is our seventh annual Short Story Contest. We have no rules. Read any of the 31 previous winners and finalists online to see what we like.

              Deadline: March 31.

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 28, 2016

                Got a great story? Consider entering the seventh annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest. The competition is open to all and the deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2016.

                   *  Grand prize: $1,000

                   *  Second place: $100

                   *  Three honorable mentions: $25 each

                   *  Entry fee: $5

                   *  All entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance

                We are open to any subject, style or length. Read any of the 30+ previous winners/finalists on our website to see the diverse range of work we have selected.

                All five finalists will be published online in the June 2016 issue of Gemini.

                Enter by email or snail mail.

              • CRWROPPS LIST
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 26

                  Hello Ms. Joseph. I hope you will consider posting our contest announcement. Thank you.

                  Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest

                  First Prize for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest is $1,000 while the entry fee is just $5. Second prize is $100 and there will also be three honorable mentions ($25 each).

                  We have no restrictions on subject, style or length, and all entries are read blind so everyone gets an equal chance. Previous winning stories have involved topics as diverse as:

                  - a Siamese twin who fears her twin sister is plotting to kill her

                  - a movie star sex goddess in an almost completely asexual society

                  - a young Belfast boy who joins the IRA after his sister is killed by British soldiers

                  - a prostitute traumatized by the suicide of a girl in her rooming house

                  Deadline: March 31, 2017. Enter by email or snail mail.

                  All five finalists will be published online in the June 2017 issue of Gemini.

                  Read all previous winners and finalists, and enter at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.
                • CRWROPPS LIST
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 21

                    Subject: Short Story Contest deadline

                    The deadline for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Short Story Prize is March 31. We are open to any subject, writing style or word count.

                    • Grand prize: $1,000
                    • Second prize: $100
                    • Three honorable mentions: $25 each
                    • Entry fee: $5 (email or snail mail)
                    • All entries are read blind
                    We welcome writers from all walks of life. All five finalists will be published online in the June 2017 issue of Gemini. Read any of the three dozen previous winners and finalists online to see the diverse work we have published.