short story contest extends deadline

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
      DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 15, 2013

      Short Story Contest: Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Short Story Award

      https://sites.google.com/site/bethlehemwritersroundtable/short-story-contest
      (entry link)

      As of October 15, we are now accepting submissions of short fiction or memoir
      (2000 words or fewer) on the theme of “WINTER’S TALE” or “SPRING STORY” for the Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Short Story Award.

      In addition to a $200 prize, the first place winner's story will be considered for print publication in the Bethlehem Writers Group, LLC's upcoming anthology. Our previous publication, A Christmas Sampler: Sweet, Funny, and Strange Holiday Tales (2009), won two Next Generation Indie Book Awards: Best Anthology and Best Short Fiction.

      Second place will receive $100 + publication in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine

      Third place will receive $50 + publication in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine

      Honorable Mentions may also be published in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine in a month selected by the editors.

      All stories must be submitted by February 15, 2013.

      Our Celebrity Judge: Hank Phillippi Ryan

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2014
        DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 17, 2014

        Short Story Contest: 2014 Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Short Story Award

        http://bwgwritersroundtable.com/

        We are now accepting submissions (2000 words or fewer) on the theme of "Food Stories" for the Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Short Story Award.

        In addition to a $200 prize, the first place winner's story will be considered for print publication in the Bethlehem Writers Group, LLC's next anthology or as a featured story in Bethlehem Writers Roundtable. Our current anthology, Once Around the Sun: Sweet, Funny, and Strange Tales for All Seasons is out now, and our first publication, A Christmas Sampler: Sweet, Funny, and Strange Holiday Tales (2009), won two Next Generation Indie Book Awards for Best Anthology and Best Short Fiction.

        Second place will receive $100 + publication in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine

        Third place will receive $50 + publication in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine

        Honorable Mentions may also be published in the BWG Writers Roundtable on-line literary magazine in a month selected by the editors.

        All stories must be submitted by February 17, 2014.

        Our Celebrity Judge: Rebecca Forster.