Fwd: mermaid poetry anthology repost

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012
      Call for Submissions:
      Just the Surface: An Anthology of Mermaid Poetry

      How does the modern mermaid exist in our cultures today? Who is she? How does she function and thrive in a contemporary world? What are her concerns; in what escapades does she busy herself with today? Where and who does she find mischief in now? Who are the world’s mermaids now?

      This collection will see where she lives, in poems, today; however, these poems do not have to completely center on the mermaid but could suggest her, mention her, and, at the very least, bring her into question within the poem. This anthology is seeking quality poems of a truly unique and speculating nature. Poetry of a fantasy genre is not the goal of this project and we ask that you do not submit if that is your particular style.

      If your poem is selected you will receive a contributor’s copy.
      Please send a brief bio along with poems.
      Submit 3-5 poems.
      Please include your contact information on each poem.

      Please send your poems to just.the.surface@...
      Deadline is February 25th.