visiting poetry position: Franklin Pierce University

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      Franklin Pierce University, the College at Rindge, is undergoing exciting changes with growing curriculum needs. As we grow and expand our academic programs, so grow our needs for enthusiastic and energetic faculty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage women and minorities to apply for our open positions, and welcome enquiry from qualified applicants for the following position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing beginning Fall 2013.

      The successful candidate will teach a wide range of creative writing and literature courses, offer courses in our general education program and orchestrate out New Voice Reading Series. The position requires demonstrated commitment to excellent teaching and to work effectively with students in creative writing workshops, and include supporting students in the publication process.

      Applicants are required to have a Ph.D. or ABD in literature, or an MFA in Creative Writing with a concentration in poetry. At least three years experience in teaching at the college level.

      Preferred Qualifications include experience teaching global literature and experience with institutional technology and assessment.

      Additional responsibilities include recruiting, academic advising and mentoring students; and participation in departmental and committee work. All faculty members are required to contribute to institutional service and maintain a program of scholarly/creative work.

      Confidential screening of applications and nominations will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, for priority consideration, applications and nominations must be received by January 18, 2013. The successful candidate will begin at the beginning of the 2013-2014 academic year.

      Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae and contact details of three references to Human Resources-Visiting Assistant Professor-Creative Writing, Franklin Pierce University, 40 University Drive, Rindge, NH 03461 or via email to
      <jobs(at)franklinpierce.edu> (replace (at) with @)
      jobs@.... Please be sure to add "Job posting Visiting Assistant Professor - Creative Writing" to the subject line of the email. EOE
      Application Information

      Postal Address: