short story manuscript contest: Everett Award
- The Everett Southwest Literary Award, judged by Lee K. Abbott, will be accepting short story manuscripts of 125+ pages until January 1, 2013. A $5,000 award will be given for the winning short story manuscript by an author living in or writing about Oklahoma, Texas, or New Mexico.
· Manuscripts should be double-spaced and continuously paginated.
· The manuscript must be unpublished, although individual stories may have been published previously.
· Please provide two cover pages, one with author's contact information and one with only the title of the collection. The author's name should not appear anywhere within the manuscript.
· Past or present students or employees of the University of Central Oklahoma are ineligible.
· The contest submission fee is $15.00. Checks or money orders are accepted.
Full contest information and biographies of past judges and winners is available at our web address: http://www.uco.edu/la/english/everett/index.asp
Anyone with questions should feel free to drop us a line at
<EverettAward(at)uco.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
EverettAward@.... Manuscripts, together with the entry fee and SASE for contest results, should be sent to:
The Everett Southwest Literary Prize
Department of English
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Dr. Box 184
Edmond, OK 73034
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]