Poetry and Fiction Contests Extended: A River & Sound Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      Subject: Poetry and Fiction Contests Extended: A River & Sound Review

      A River & Sound Review, the online journal associated with the Rainier Writing Workshop (one of the top 25 low-res MFA programs as listed in Poets & Writers) is extending their contest deadlines! You now have until 12/15 to submit your best poetry and/or fiction to our contests.

      Why submit to us you ask? Here are five great reasons:

      1) The Prize: $500 plus publication
      2) The Poetry Judge: Traci Brimhall, author of "Rookery," "Our Lady of the Ruins," and recent recipient of a prestigious NEA fellowship.

      3) The Fiction Judge: Rebecca Makkai, whose first novel "The Borrower" was published by Viking Press and is a Booklist Top Ten Debut, an Indie Next pick, an O Magazine selection, and one of Chicago Magazine's choices for best fiction of 2011.
      4) Because we're bad at math but great at what we do.

      Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your best!

      Sincerely,
      A River & Sound Review, www.riverandsoundreview.org
      Submissions link:
      https://riverandsoundreview.submittable.com/submit