poetry chapbook contest: Pavement Saw

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
      Pavement Saw Chapbook Contest: Deadline 12/31

      Submit electronically, save the hassle of printing out a manuscript and have your funds support poetry not the post office! Directly enter by using our website

      http://www.pavementsaw.org/pages/chapcontest.htm

      $500 and 50 copies of the winning chapbook will be awarded to the winner. In addition to the prize winner, at least one other manuscript will be published under a standard royalty contract (author paid 10% of press run). Everyone is allowed to submit regardless of previous publication history. Every entrant will receive the equivalent cost of the entry fee in Pavement Saw Press titles.

      Unlike many publishers whose collections are printed one copy at a time and therefore lack a large circulation, our chapbooks are published in a first edition of 400 copies plus overage. While chapbooks rarely receive exposure, ours have been reviewed in Poets and Writers, Publishers Weekly, The Georgia Review, Small Press Review and many others. Our previous winners have had subsequent full length books appear from a bevy of publishers including Ahsahta Press, Curbstone Press, Cleveland State University Press, Birds llc, Bear Star Press, Shearsman Books, Futurepoem Books, University of Georgia, Tupelo Press, Hanging Loose Press and so on.

      Submit up to 32 pages of poetry. Include a signed cover letter with your name, address, phone number, e-mail, publication credits, a brief biography and the title of the chapbook. Include a cover page with your contact information and the chapbook title. Include a second page with the chapbook title only. Do not include your name on any pages inside the manuscript except for the first title page. No need for a contents page. All chapbooks are selected blindly / anonymously. Manuscripts will be considered until December 31st, 2012. Entry fee: $15 for US entries, $18 overseas, $18 electronic (world wide).

      If you wish to submit electronically, send $18.00 via paypal to <info(at)pavementsaw.org> (replace (at) with @ when sending email). Then e-mail the manuscript as an attachment to the same address and we will send you an e-mail confirmation that your entry is all set. Electronic submissions need to be sent as PDF files or as word (.doc or .docx) files. Other formats are not accepted. The extra cost is to cover the paypal fees as well as the time, labor, ink, and so on, to print out your manuscript. Or use our website

      http://www.pavementsaw.org/pages/chapcontest.htm

      If you wish to send via regular mail, have your envelope postmarked by December 31st and accompany your manuscript with a check in the amount of $15.00 payable to Pavement Saw Press. All contributors to the contest will receive books, chapbooks and journals equal to, or more than, the entry fee. Add $3 (US) for other countries to cover the extra postal charge. Do not include an SASE for notification of results. Do not send the only copy of your work. All manuscripts are recycled and individual comments on the manuscripts cannot be made. This year the editor will be the judge and, as it should be, he promises not to chose former students, former or potential sexual partners, press interns, or people that can make him famous. A decision will be reached in March. Entries should be sent to our address at the bottom of the page.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2012
        Pavement Saw Chapbook Contest: Deadline 12/31
        reduced cost this year, $15 mail (US) or $18 electronic, worldwide
        http://www.pavementsaw.org/pages/chapcontest.htm

        Submit electronically, save the hassle of printing out a manuscript and have
        your funds support poetry not the post office! Directly enter by using our
        website http://www.pavementsaw.org/pages/chapcontest.htm

        $500 and 50 copies of the winning chapbook will be awarded to the winner. In
        addition to the prize winner, at least one other manuscript will be published
        under a standard royalty contract (author paid 10% of 400 copy press run).
[...]

        If you wish to submit electronically, send $18.00 via paypal to <info(at)pavementsaw.org>. Then e-mail the manuscript as an attachment to the same
        Or use our website http://www.pavementsaw.org/pages/chapcontest.htm

        If you wish to send via regular mail, have your envelope postmarked by December
        31st and accompany your manuscript with a check in the amount of $15.00 payable
        to Pavement Saw Press. All contributors to the contest will receive books,
        chapbooks and journals equal to, or more than, the entry fee. Add $3 (US) for
        other countries to cover the extra postal charge. Do not include an SASE for
        notification of results. Do not send the only copy of your work. All manuscripts
        are recycled and individual comments on the manuscripts cannot be made. This
        year the editor will be the judge and, as it should be, he promises not to chose
        former students, former or potential sexual partners, press interns, or people
        that can make him famous. A decision will be reached in March. Entries should be
        sent to our address at the bottom of the page.

        Pavement Saw Press
        Chapbook Contest
        321 Empire Street
        Montpelier, OH 43543