anthology seeks submissions from mothers of special needs children

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      Seeking Submissions from Mothers of Children with Special Needs for Anthology
      Project: We believe in the transitive power of story. Our hope is that your
      stories will illustrate a realistic tableau of the lives of mothers of children
      with special needs. This anthology is the vision of mothers, writers, disability
      advocates, professors, and editors Darolyn "Lyn" Jones and Liz Whiteacre.
      Mothers of children with special needs, please consider submitting previously
      unpublished nonfiction essays 6,000 words or less (they may be memoir,
      graphic/illustrated, or photo essays) and no more than 6 unpublished poems that
      address the challenges you face, empowerment you've felt, joy you've
      experienced, or providence you've explored. Multiple submissions are allowed.
      Email Liz Whiteacre at
      <lizwhiteacre(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
      lizwhiteacre@... for detailed submission
      guidelines. Submissions must be received by Monday, April 22, 2012.