poetry contest: Ping Pong
- First Annual Ping-Pong Poetry Contest: The Henry Miller Memorial Library Prize in Poetry
Sponsored by Ping-Pong Literary Journal and the Henry Miller Memorial Library.
Ping-Pong Journal announces its First Annual Poetry Prize for innovation in poetics. Writers are invited to submit poetry manuscripts of 1-3 original, unpublished poems. The winner will be selected by judge Eleni Sikelianos. The first-place winner will receive a $500 cash prize. The winning poems will appear in Ping-Pong, and runners-up also will be considered for publication in the print journal. A list of the first, second and third place winners and runner-ups will be published on the Ping-Pong website.
All submissions must abide by the following competition rules and guidelines:
1. Submit through the online Submittable system:
2. All submissions must be received by April 1st.
3. Please submit all poems in a single computer file. Use a common file format: *.doc and *.rtf preferable. Your name should not be anywhere on the manuscript. Submittable allows for a cover letter in that cover letter, please give us your name, address, and the full names of all poems submitted.
4. There is a reading fee of $10 per entry, paid through Submittable.
5. Writers may submit up to three entries, but remember that every entry (up to three poems) must be paid for with an additional reading fee.
6. No current friends, relatives or students (within the last five years) of the judge can submit.
7. All poems must be unpublished if accepted elsewhere, notify us immediately.
8. The winning poet and finalists will be invited to read at the annual West Coast/East Coast release parties.