residency for writer under 40: Lake Forest College

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      Apply for the Madeleine P. Plonsker Prize
      https://andnowbooks.submittable.com/submit

      Guidelines / annual submission period: January 1-March 1:
      We invite applications for a writer under forty years old, with no major book publication, to spend two months (February-March or March-April) in residence at Lake Forest College.

      Cross-genre works are always welcome. Beyond this, even residency years (with odd year deadlines) look for prose writers. Odd residency years (with even years deadlines) look for poets.

      2014 residency, deadline March 1, 2013: prose
      2015 residency, deadline March 1, 2014: poetry
      2016 residency, deadline March 1, 2015: prose
      We are now taking applications exclusively through Submishmash
      https://andnowbooks.submittable.com/submit

      . We will only consider the first 200 submissions.

      Please note: The submission link will not accept submissions until January 1 of each new year.

      Send, in one file, WITHOUT your name, contact information, or other identifying marks:

      A) A one-page statement of plans for completion
      B) No more than 30 pages of manuscript in progress

      Your cover letter, pasted into the text box, should include the basic details of your cv: education, employment, significant publications, etc. These may be in narrative form.

      Submissions must be postmarked by March 1 (formerly April 1), each year for consideration by judges Robert Archambeau, Davis Schneiderman, and Joshua Corey and that year's guest judge.

      Direct inquiries to <andnow(at)lakeforest.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending email) with the subject line: Plonsker Prize.