call for submissions: Versal

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
      Send your work to Versal 11!

      Amsterdam's acclaimed literary & arts journal, Versal, is now reading for its 11th edition. Its editors are looking for excellent prose, poetry, art and the inbetween.

      Guidelines and submissions here: http://www.versaljournal.org/guidelines
      A $2 submission fee applies.

      For a close look at Versal's tastes, purchase the current no. 10 or a back issue:http://www.versaljournal.org/order

      Pre-order Versal 11 when you submit and we’ll waive the submission fee.

      The deadline for submissions to Versal 11 is January 15, 2013.

    • CRWROPPS LIST
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11

        Versal - Call for Work

        After a three year intermission, Versal returns to print in June 2017.

        During those three years, we began to produce the world’s first live
        literary magazine, VERSO /, curating original, themed issues with
        performances and readings for our local community here in Amsterdam.
        In our print return, Versal renders VERSO / onto the page. Works from
        featured VERSO / contributors will interact with works from an open
        call that reaches beyond our local geography.

        This open call seeks to connect to writers and artists we might not
        meet otherwise. Building on the “Migration” theme of our first VERSO /
        season, we are looking for works that cross borders and terrains,
        works that shift cultural tectonics in literal and metaphorical ways.

        We especially encourage works from outside of the US, works that blend
        genre, works in translation, works from writers and artists of color,
        works from writers and artists with disabilities, and works from
        writers and artists of marginalized orientations, backgrounds, and
        gender identities.

        We hope you are well and look forward to seeing your work
        (https://versal.submittable.com/submit) before our January 15 deadline.

        Happy Holidays!

        -- -- -- -- --
        Robert Glick
        Editor

        Versal
        The literary & arts journal from Amsterdam

        versal@...
        http://www.versaljournal.org
        Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/eh4yT

        Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/versaljournal