fiction contest: Yemassee

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
      The 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest
      http://yemasseejournalonline.org/submissions/

      $1,000 prize. 10 finalists. $10 to play.

      Contest Details

      $10 for a chance at $1000.

      Matt Bell will serve as judge for Yemassee's 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest, now accepting entries. The author of the winning story will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee. Yemassee will also publish stories by two runners-up, along with a list of ten finalists.

      Deadline: December 15, 2012

      Submission Details

      https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit

      To enter, submit one piece of unpublished fiction of up to 10,000 words. An entry fee of $10 must accompany each entry. All submissions should be double-spaced. Story title and page numbers should appear on each page, but the author's name should not appear anywhere within the entry. All entries must be submitted through Submishmash. We welcome multiple story submissions; each story should be entered separately and will require its own entry fee. All entries must be submitted by the December 15th deadline. Winner and finalists will be announced on our website, and all entries will be considered for publication.

      Visit www.yemasseejournalonline.org for more information and complete guidelines.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2013

        Contest: Yemassee 2013 Short Fiction Prize

        Announcing Yemassee's 2013 William Richey Short Fiction Contest. This year our judge will be acclaimed novelist Emily St. John Mandel. The winning story will receive $500 and publication. We will also publish the two-runner up stories along with a list of ten finalists. The entry fee is $10 and the deadline is November 22nd.
        For more information check out our website: http://yemasseejournalonline.org/