poetry and fiction contest: Bayou

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2012
      2012 Fiction & Poetry Contest
      http://www.uno.edu/bayou/contests.aspx

      to submit to this contest online, visit
      https://bayoumagazine.submittable.com/submit

      Pay to:
      UNO Foundation
      Bayou Magazine c/o
      (James Knudsen Prize for Fiction or Kay Murphy Prize for Poetry)
      Department of English University of New Orleans
      2000 Lakeshore Drive
      New Orleans, LA 70148

      Bayou Magazine adheres to the CLMP Contest Code of Ethics.

      James Knudsen Prize for Fiction
      WINNER: $500, publication and a year subscription.

      FINALISTS: will be named on our website.
      2012 Judge: Michael Knight(The Typist, Divining Rod)

      Submissions must be original, previously unpublished work of fiction, no longer than 7500 words.
      Reading fee: $15, includes a copy of contest issue.
      You may enter more than one story, but each submission must arrive in a separate envelope with its own cover sheet and entry fee.
      We accept novel excerpts if the submission stands alone as a complete short story.

      Kay Murphy Prize for Poetry
      WINNER $500, publication and a year subscription.
      FINALISTS: will be named on our website.
      2012 Judge: Dawn Lundy Martin(A Gathering of Matter/A Matter of Gathering, Discipline)

      Submissions must be original, previously unpublished poetry.
      Reading fee: $15, includes a copy of contest issue.
      You may enter up to three poems per entry.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2014

        Bayou magazine seeks exceptional submissions for our winter fiction and poetry contests, judged by Jesmyn Ward (F) and Jane Miller (P). Submit until midnight on December 31st. All submissions are also considered for publication.

        James Knudsen Prize for Fiction

        Judged by Jesmyn Ward

        WINNER: $1000, publication and a year subscription
        FINALISTS: will be named on our website
        • Submissions must be original, previously unpublished works of fiction, no longer than 7,500 words.
        • Reading fee: $20 (includes a copy of contest issue)
        • We accept novel excerpts only if the submission stands alone as a complete short story.
        • Please include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email, and the title of your submission. DO NOT include your name on any part of the submission. Any story with identifying material will be disqualified.

        Kay Murphy Prize  for Poetry

        Judged by Jane Miller

        WINNER $1000, publication and a year subscription
        FINALISTS: will be named on our website
        • Submissions must be original, previously unpublished poetry.
        • Reading fee: $20 (includes a copy of contest issue)
        • You may enter up to three poems per entry.
        • On the cover sheet, please include your name, address, phone number, email address, and the title of your submission. DO NOT include your name on the pages of the manuscript. Any submission with identifying material will be disqualified.

        To submit please visit http://bayoumagazine.org/fiction-poetry-contests/

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2014

          Accepting submissions Oct. 1 – Dec. 31

          https://bayoumagazine.submittable.com/submit (submissions manager)
          http://bayoumagazine.org/fiction-poetry-contests/
          For 2013 Winners and Finalists, click here.

          James Knudsen Prize for Fiction

          Judged by Jesmyn Ward

          WINNER: $1000, publication and a year subscription
          FINALISTS: will be named on our website
          • Submissions must be original, previously unpublished works of fiction, no longer than 7,500 words.
          • Reading fee: $20 (includes a copy of contest issue)
          • You may enter more than one story, but each submission must arrive in a separate envelope or online submission with its own cover sheet and entry fee.
          • We accept novel excerpts only if the submission stands alone as a complete short story.
          • Please include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email, and the title of your submission. DO NOT include your name on any part of the submission. Any story with identifying material will be disqualified.

          Kay Murphy Prize  for Poetry

          Judged by Jane Miller

          WINNER $1000, publication and a year subscription
          FINALISTS: will be named on our website
          • Submissions must be original, previously unpublished poetry.
          • Reading fee: $20 (includes a copy of contest issue)
          • You may enter up to three poems per entry.
          • You may enter multiple submissions, but each submission must be in a separate envelope or online submission with its own cover sheet and entry fee.
          • On the cover sheet, please include your name, address, phone number, email address, and the title of your submission. DO NOT include your name on the pages of the manuscript. Any submission with identifying material will be disqualified.

          We highly encourage all submissions be made online through our submissions manager.

          To submit via snail mail, follow the above submission guidelines and mail with $20 check or money order made out to: