call for submissions: museum of americana

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      Between December 1st and December 31st, the museum of americana will accept
      submissions of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, photography, art, reviews, and
      interviews for Issue Two, set go live in mid January.

      We seek work that showcases and/or repurposes historical American culture. This
      is, of course, an enormous and diverse tub of spare parts, and we want to see if
      you can turn them into a hot rod. Give us fiction that dramatizes weird old folk
      songs or steals their characters. Give us love poetry that mixes language
      cribbed from The Federalist Papers with language cribbed from WWII propaganda
      posters. We want medicine shows and riverboats, Doo-Wop and Duke Snider. We
      want aspects of Americana we may not have even heard of yet.

      Please see Issue One and our complete guidelines for a clearer picture of our
      aesthetic:

      http://themuseumofamericana.wordpress.com/submissions/