call for submissions by women: Sou'wester

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      Call for Submissions: Sou'wester
      https://sw.submittable.com/submit

      Editors Stacey Lynn Brown and Valerie Vogrin are thrilled to announce a call for submissions for the spring 2013 special issue: A Celebration of Women Writers. We are seeking poetry, fiction, and nonfiction by female and female-identified writers in all stages of their careers. Valerie is particularly interested in innovative prose forms, work that examines the lives of women, and graphic narratives. And Stacey is, as always, looking for poems that would take off the top of Emily Dickinson's head.

      A special editors' prize, The Robbins Award, will be given to one emerging poet and prose writer from either the fall or spring issue. Please note on your submission whether you are eligible for this award, and visit our website, souwester.org, for specifics and instructions on how to electronically submit via Submittable. Submissions are open from November 7 through January 31, 2013. We look forward to reading your work.