call for submissions: Soundings Review

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2012
      The editors at Soundings Review are currently accepting submissions for the Spring/Summer issue. We'd love to hear from all your writerly students! Please pass this call on to your colleagues, friends and students.

      About Us:
      Soundings Review, a bi-annual publication in conjunction with the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts, publishes poetry, fiction, children/young adult and nonfiction, including essays and interviews. We read all submissions.

      Deadlines:
      January 1, 2013 - for Spring/Summer Issue
      May 1, 2013 - for Fall/Winter Issue

      For more information, visit: www.nila.edu/soundings/submissions/
      To submit, visit:

      https://soundingsreview.submittable.com/submit
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2013

        Soundings Review is the literary journal of the MFA program at the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts on Whidbey Island, Washington.  The magazine welcomes submissions of high quality writing in any area (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, children’s/young adult). We are open to different styles and voices, but are passionate about accessibility and depth. We seek articles that create a connection with a reader on the first reading and spur increase understanding and pleasure after further readings. (Our only taboo: hate literature, which includes pornography, gratuitous violence, and all the “isms” that stereotype or disrespect others).

        We also offer two semi-annual contests, the Founders’ Circle Contest for published writers, and the First Publication Contest for writers whose work has not appeared in a national publication. Winners receive publication and $300 (Founders’ Circle) or $100 (First Publication). Entry fees are $10.

        Deadlines for submissions and contest entries are January 1 and May 1Soundings Review is published twice a year. For more information, please see our submission guidelines at http://www.nila.edu/soundings/