call for submissions: you are here

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      you are here: the journal of creative geography seeks submissions of poetry, prose, original artwork, and multimedia.

      Geographers have long been concerned with understanding the planet and the relationships that exist throughout it –
      physical, social, political, emotional, and beyond. However, geographer or not, humans require multiple forms of
      accessing, interpreting, and interacting with the world. To exist, we must sense. The 2013 issue of *you are here: the
      journal of creative geography* seeks submissions that explore and expand our concept of SENSING the world.

      you are here is an annual publication that focuses on a variety of perceptions of place, and ideas about how place is
      interpreted, experienced, and created. Submissions have historically been based in poetry, prose, photography,
      original artwork and critical commentary. While we greatly anticipate such submissions, this year we are expanding
      the journal to a broader online format to complement our print addition, and as such we also encourage entries that
      utilize new and diverse forms of media (video, audio, web design, interactive programming, papier-mâché, etc.).

      All submissions must be received by February 1st. All entries are limited to 10 pages. Please include with all
      submissions a cover letter containing complete contact information. Original material will not be returned unless
      requested. Submissions may be sent to <youarehere.arizona(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) or mailed (along with a self-addressed,
      stamped envelope) to:

      you are here
      School of Geography and Development