poetry chapbook contest: Concrete Wolf

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 6, 2012
      2012 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest Now Open
      Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2012

      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      Final Judge: Kelli Russell Agodon

      Submission Guidelines

      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue).
      We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

      Close friends, former or current students of the Judge or the Editor are ineligible for the contest.

      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

      Please number all your pages.

      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

      Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.25 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

      Or, pay the contest fee with paypal to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> then email the manuscript
      as a Word.doc file or .rtf file to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>.

      Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

      For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page. http://Concretewolf.com

      Mail to:

      Concrete Wolf
      PO Box 1808