fiction position: University of WI-Stevens Point

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6 12:43 PM
      Position #:13-54F20

      Position: Assistant Professor (Creative Writing / Fiction), tenure track faculty position

      Department of English, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

      Position Description: Teaching load 12 credits per semester
      Courses to be assigned from Beginning / Advanced Creative Writing, First and second-year composition, and other writing courses developed to suit candidate's interest, depending on need

      Department/ University Description: The English Department is one of the largest academic units at UW-SP. Some 30 faculty offer a full range of classes from composition and humanities General Education courses to upper-division literature, writing, and teacher education classes fulfilling the requirements of our Major/Minors. Our commitment to teaching is of primary importance, but department members also manage to engage productively in a variety of scholarly and creative projects. We have an even mix of experienced and relatively recent faculty members and, as we continue to grow, we are dedicated to increasing the diversity of our department and of the institution as a whole.

      UW-SP is located in Stevens Point on the Wisconsin River, almost precisely in the center of the state. It is the only degree-granting institution in north-central Wisconsin, offering 54 undergraduate majors and master's degrees in 12 disciplines, including the M.S.T. (English). Enrollment is 8500-9000 students, served by over 400 faculty, over 200 academic staff, and about 350 support staff members. The campus contains both historic and contemporary buildings in an attractively landscaped setting, bounded on one side by a 200-acre nature preserve containing forested wetlands and lake.
      QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Prefer completed Ph.D. in English with appropriate area of specialization, but M.F.A considered; terminal degree required for tenure
      2) Graduate training and/or experience in teaching a variety of writing courses preferred
      3) We are looking for outstanding teaching, a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, and awareness of the importance of diversity in education.

      Appointment Date: August, 2013

      Terms of Employment: Assistant Professor (Instructor if without M.F.A and Ph.D. not completed)
      Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
      Evidence of continued scholarly/creative achievement and university service is necessary for retention, tenure and promotion.

      Application Procedure: Send letter of application and Curriculum Vita to:

      Dr. Michael Williams, Chair
      Department of English
      University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
      Stevens Point, WI 54481

      DEADLINE: Screening will begin Jan. 1, 2013. Open Until Filled.
      Application Information
      Apply for this Position through My HigherEdJobs
      Postal Address: University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
      Equity & Affirmative Action Office
      210 Old Main Building
      Stevens Point, WI 54481
      Email Address: <eeaoffice(at)uwsp.edu> (replace (at) with @)