contests from Prism International

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      The deadline for PRISM international's non-fiction Contest is fast-approaching!

      The non-fiction deadline is November 28, 2012. A $1500 grand prize is awarded for the best original, unpublished work of literary non-fiction. The winner also receives publication in the Non-fiction Contest Issue. A runner-up prize of $300 and a second runner-up prize of $200 are also conferred. Our non-fiction judge this year is Andreas Schroeder.

      The Short Fiction Contest deadline is January 25, 2013. A $2000 grand prize is awarded for the best original, unpublished story. The winner also receives publication in the Fiction and Poetry Contest Issue. A runner-up prize of $300 and a second runner-up prize of $200 are also conferred. Works of translation are eligible. Our fiction judge this year is Annabel Lyon.

      The Poetry Contest also has a deadline of January 25, 2013. A $1000 grand prize is awarded for the best original, unpublished poem and the winner also receives publication payment in the Fiction and Poetry Contest Issue. $300 and $200 are awarded to the first and second runners-up. One entry may include up to three, single-spaced poems, and works of translation are eligible. This year's poetry judge is Rhea Tregebov.

      Contest entries may be submitted online by following the [contest] link on our website: www.prismmagazine.ca

      Contest entries may also be sent to PRISM through snail mail, accompanied by an entry form and cheque or receipt of credit card payment. For entry forms and the option to pay fees by credit card, please visit Prism's contest page.

      Entries can be sent to:

      Prism International, [Contest Category]
      Creative Writing Program
      The University of British Columbia