poetry and ficction contest: A River & Sound Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      A River & Sound Review, the online journal associated with the Rainier Writing Workshop (one of the top 25 low-res MFA programs as listed in Poets & Writers), is entering the final month of our contest (and general) submission period!

      Winners will receive $500 plus publication. Not only that, but to up the ante we have a friendly wager between staffers. If we can get more than 100 contest submissions, our Poetry Editor Meghan will take a pie to the face. If we're under 100, our President of Operations Michael gets a pie in the eye. Our guest pie thrower will be our colleague over at Los Angeles Review, Kelly Davio. It will be epic. Submit, and join the fun.

      Our poetry judge is Traci Brimhall, author of "Rookery," winner of the Crab Orchard Series in Poetry First Book Award and "Our Lady of the Ruins," winner of the Barnard Women Poets Prize. Our fiction judge is Rebecca Makkai, whose first novel "The Borrower" was published by Viking Press and is a Booklist Top Ten Debut, an Indie Next pick, an O Magazine selection, and one of Chicago Magazine's choices for best fiction of 2011.

      For more contest details ($15 entry fee, no previously published work, etc.), visit us here: http://riverandsoundreview.org/contests/contests.htm

      Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your best!

      Sincerely,
      A River & Sound Review, www.riverandsoundreview.org,
      Twitter: @rsrseattle