creative writing position: Fitchburg State Univ
- To apply, please visit out job site at https://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu Review begins Nov. 12, 2012 yet position remains open until filled.
General Statement of Duties: Full time, tenure track position in English Studies, with specialty in creative writing (poetry and fiction). Additional background in African American literature and emergent ethnic American literatures desirable. Courses include but are not limited to Fiction Writing, Poetry Writing, First-Year Writing and the development of new courses that support the English Studies curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teaching work load (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
2. Teach creative writing (poetry and fiction), first-year writing and other courses within the English Studies curriculum.
3. Provide student assistance including academic advising.
4. Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews and student outcomes assessment.
5. Attend university functions, including commencement; convocation; and faculty, committee and departmental meetings.
6. Participate on university committees as assigned.
7. Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs.
8. Continuing scholarship and professional activities, which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies, public service and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community.
9. Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online, and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
1. Ph.D. in English required.
2. College teaching experience required.
3. Ability to teach undergraduate courses in creative writing (poetry and fiction), first-year writing and other courses within the English Studies curriculum.
4. Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
6. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
7. Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Full-time, Tenure Track, 9 month Benefited Position
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and the MSCA Bargaining Agreement
Position contingent upon funding for 2013 2014 academic year.
Fitchburg State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 978-665-3172.
Fitchburg State University is committed to diversifying its workforce. We strongly encourage women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for the advertised position.
Contact: Human Resources Department
Fitchburg State University
Online App. Form: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3fty49s