call for submissions: Spry Literary Journal

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
      Spry Literary Journal is currently looking for submissions for its inaugural issue, which will be published in December 2012. We envision Spry as a literary journal that features undiscovered and established writers' concise, experimental, hybrid, modern, vintage or just-plain-vulnerable writing. We see this as a place for people who excel at taking risks, who thrive under pressure - for people whose words and rhythms are spry.

      We accept all short forms of writing (fiction, nonfiction, poetry) and we also challenge you to write sparsely (under 750 words) through our Flash category. Submissions requested in all genres, and simultaneous submissions welcome. We have a strict blind submissions policy, and only accept writing through our submissions manager.

      Please visit our submissions manager

      http://sprylit.submittable.com/submit

      for guidelines and to submit your work to us. We are receptive to any questions via email at <editors(at)sprylit.com> (replace (at) with@) and will respond as quickly as possible.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2014
        Spry Literary Journal features undiscovered and established writers' concise, experimental, hybrid, modern, vintage or just-plain-vulnerable writing. It's a journal for people who excel at taking risks, who thrive under pressure--for people whose words and rhythms are spry. We are currently open for submissions for the second issue, which will be published in late April.

        We accept all short forms of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. We also challenge you to write sparsely (under 750 words) and submit to our Flash category. Submissions are requested in all genres, and simultaneous submissions are welcome. We have a strict blind submissions policy, and only accept writing through our submissions manager. Our third issue, featuring an issue with Michelle Disler, is live at http://www.sprylit.com. Please head over to see what we've published, review our current and previous issues, and to start conversations with our authors, poets, and staff members. In the past, we have been proud to feature Porochista Khakpour and Erica Dawson, whose interviews are available through their respective issues in our archives.

        As of our third issue, we are accepting art submissions as well. Art submissions will be featured in the "Briefs" section of our site, and will be accompanied by an interview with the featured artist. We invite you to extend this call for submission to any artists you feel would be interested!

        Please visit our submissions manager http://sprylit.submittable.com /submit to submit your work to us.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2014

          September 30th, deadline

          Spry Literary Journal features undiscovered and established writers' concise, experimental, hybrid, modern, vintage or just-plain-vulnerable writing. It's a journal for people who excel at taking risks, who thrive under pressure--for people whose words and rhythms are spry. We are currently open for submissions for our fifth issue.

          We accept all short forms of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. We also challenge you to write sparsely (under 750 words) and submit to our Flash category. Submissions are requested in all genres, and simultaneous submissions are welcome—though we ask that you make mention of any simultaneous submissions in your cover letter. We have a strict blind submissions policy, and only accept writing through our submissions manager. Our fourth issue is live at http://www.sprylit.com. Please head over to see what we've published, check out our archives and Briefs sections, and to start conversations with our authors, poets, and staff members. We’re proud to feature interviews from renowned writers such as Erica Dawson, Porochista Khakpour, and Michelle Disler.

          Artists, too, are encouraged to submit unpublished pieces. We currently feature a variety of artistic works in ourBriefs section. For an example of our art features, we invite you to review Ramiro Davaro-Comas’ interview and corresponding piece, entitled "9."

          Please visit our submissions manager http://sprylit.submittable.com/submit to submit your work to us.