fiction and poetry contest extends deadline

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012
      MISSISSIPPI REVIEW PRIZE COMPETITION NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST

      GUIDELINES FOR THE MR PRIZE COMPETITION

      We award $1000 each in fiction and poetry for winning submissions. Our annual contest is open to all writers in English except current or former students or employees of the University of Southern Mississippi. Fiction entries should be short stories of 8,000 words or less; poetry entries should be three poems totaling 10 pages or less. There is nolimit on the number of entries you may submit. Fee is $15 per entry, payable to Mississippi Review. Each entrant will receive a copy of the prize issue (for $10 additional get a one year subscription to the magazine). No manuscriptswill be returned. Results will be posted on our website. Please do not send a SASE. Previously published work is ineligible. Deadline is December 1st 2012. Winners will be announced March 2013. Publication is scheduled for June 2013. Please put "MRPRIZE 2013," name, address, phone, e-mail address, and title on page one of each manuscript. Please do not include a cover page. These are complete guidelines. Questions? E-mail
      <msreview(at)usm.edu> (replace (at) with @ when sending email)
      msreview@...

      Send entries to MR Prize at the address below.

      2013 Mississippi Review Prize
      118 College Drive # 5144
      Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001

      Thanks for your consideration,