call for poetry: The Progressive

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2007
      Call for Poetry: The Progressive Magazine

      The Progressive, a national magazine that has been a
      leading voice for peace and social justice since
      1909, seeks submissions of previously unpublished
      poetry for inclusion in its pages. While we are a
      political magazine, the poems need not be overtly
      political in subject; politics is enacted at all
      levels, from the public to the private, and we seek
      strong work that speaks meaningfully to a wide range
      of experience.

      Please, no poems over one page in length. For a better
      idea of what we publish, we encourage you to read the
      magazine before submitting.

      Send up to five poems and include your name, address,
      emailĀ  (if applicable), and phone number on each page.
      Submissions may be sent by regular mail to:

      The Progressive
      409 E. Main St.
      Madison, WI 53703,

      or emailed to: poetry(at)progressive.org (replace (at) with @).

      Include a self addressed, stamped envelope for reply
      and return of your manuscript. Please, no simultaneous
      submissions. We read all submissions, however, we
      cannot respond to them individually.