call for submissions: Quiddity Literary Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2007
      Quiddity Literary Journal: Call for Submissions

      Quiddity Literary Journal, along with its companion public radio program, are
      pleased to announce a call for submissions for its inaugural print issue.
      Quiddity is seeking short fiction and poetry from emerging and established
      writers.

      International submissions are encouraged.

      Submission Guidelines
      Fiction:  one story (no more than 5,000 words)
      Poetry:  up to five poems (no more than ten pages total)

      Submissions should be addressed to either Fiction Editor or Poetry Editor at
      Springfield College-Benedictine University
      1500 North Fifth Street
      Springfield , IL 62702
      U.S.A.

      U.S. submissions should include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for reply.
      International submissions should include an email address to which an
      electronic reply may be sent. All manuscripts will be recycled.

      With the exception of translations, the work we are seeking does not include
      previously published fiction or poetry.  We look forward to receiving
      high-quality literary fiction and poetry from both established and emerging writers.

      We do not limit short fiction and poetry submissions to specific
      subject-matter or style.  Novel excerpts are welcome as long as the work can stand
      alone. Translations are welcome as long as permission, in writing, has been granted.

      We accept simultaneous submissions but require notification immediately if
      the work is accepted elsewhere.  Work submitted must fit the guidelines for
      length and include an SASE.  Brief cover letters with bio and acknowledgements are
      preferred and appreciated.

      Work accepted for the inaugural issue of Quiddity will be published in the
      spring 2008 issue of the literary journal, published by Springfield
      College-Benedictine University. Contributors may be asked to read their work for the
      companion public radio program on WUIS-WIPA.

      Postmark deadline for the spring issue is December 31, 2007.

      Please note that Quiddity is not accepting electronic submissions at this
      time. Submissions sent electronically will be neither read nor responded to.
      Submissions should be posted to the address provided in the guidelines above.

      www.sci.edu/quiddity/index.html