feature & nonfiction jobs: Ithaca College

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      Ithaca College's Department of Writing seeks candidates for two, full-time,
      tenure-eligible positions in the Department of Writing, beginning August 16,
      2008.

      1) Feature Writing: Applicants must have Ph.D., M.F.A., or terminal M.A. in
      writing, or equivalent writing-based degree by August 2008; college-level
      experience teaching feature writing; and a documented publishing record in feature
      writing. Demonstrated ability to teach first-year composition and teach in two
      or more of the following areas also required: feature writing for newspapers,
      magazine writing, writing as a reviewer/critic, editing, advanced nonfiction,
      special interest writing (e.g., science, travel, food, business), creative
      nonfiction/literary journalism. Desirable: aptitude for supervising professional
      internships.

      2) Nonfiction: Applicants must have Ph.D., M.F.A., or other appropriate
      terminal degree in relevant field by August 2008; appropriate college-level
      teaching experience; and a documented publication record in nonfiction. Demonstrated
      ability to teach first-year composition and teach in at least two of the
      following areas also required: personal essay, creative nonfiction, literary essay,
      advanced nonfiction, and autobiography.

      We offer one of the nation's few comprehensive bachelor's degrees in writing,
      currently serving 165 majors and 100 minors, and we seek colleagues who will
      help us deliver and enrich our diverse curriculum. To learn more about our
      department, visit http://www.ithaca.edu/hs/depts/writing.

      Interested individuals should apply online at www.icjobs.org, and attach a
      cover letter and a CV. Questions about online the application may be directed to
      the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-1207. Inquiries about the
      positions can be made by contacting Sally Parr, Assistant Professor and Chair,
      Department of Writing, at (607) 274-7964 or sparr(at)ithaca.edu (replace (at) with
      @). Screening of applications begins on November 15, 2007 and will continue
      until the positions are filled.