call for essays and memoir: South Loop Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012
      South Loop Review Call for Submissions

      South Loop Review publishes essays and memoir, lyric and experimental forms, non-linear narratives, blended genre, photography and art. We look for personal essays and memoir with fresh voices and new takes on presentation and form. We publish established and emerging authors. Please note that we do not publish work longer than fifteen manuscript pages or work that has been previously published.

      SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH JANUARY 1, 2013

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
      Include full contact information and brief bio on cover page only. All manuscripts should be double-spaced and include standard margins, 12 pt. font and page numbers.
      Creative nonfiction may be submitted through our online submission service Tell It Slant at

      http://tellitslant.com/home/journal_details/9

      or by hard copy to:

      South Loop Review
      Columbia College Chicago English Department
      600 South Michigan Avenue
      Chicago, IL 60605

      Photo and art submissions may be sent by mail to the above address. Submit up to 5 images no larger than 8.5” x11”. In the upper right corner on the front of each image, you must include: Artist Name, Title, and Medium; include full contact information (including email address) on the back of each image. Art and photography may also be submitted on CD; include name and title of each image. Submissions will not be returned. We do not accept email submissions.

      South Loop Review is published annually by the Creative Writing Nonfiction Program, English Department, Columbia College Chicago. Subscription and additional information can be found on our web site:

      http://cms.colum.edu/southloopreview/