fiction and 20th C lit position: Pacific Univ

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      Assistant Professor of English. Pacific University (Oregon) invites applications for tenure-track assistant professor in Fiction Writing and Twentieth Century Literature beginning August 2013. Our department offers undergraduate majors in literature and creative writing and publishes the literary review Silk Road. Ph.D. required in Creative Writing or Literature with fiction publications, or MFA degree in Creative Writing with published book of fiction. Preference for applicants publishing scholarship on Twentieth Century literature, editing a literary magazine, and working in a second genre (creative nonfiction or poetry). Candidates with research in literatures of Pacific Rim encouraged to apply. Required: at least one year of experience teaching undergraduate literature and fiction writing. Teaching load: five courses annually including composition, first-year seminar, and senior capstone supervision. Hire will assist with our Editing and Publishing minor and program development in creative writing. Salary competitive. Pacific University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

      Application review begins Nov. 10, 2012. Preliminary interviews held at MLA in Boston. Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching statement and three letters of reference to English Search Committee (humanities@...). We accept only electronic submissions, PDF preferred.
      Application Information

      Postal Address: Human Resources
      Pacific University
      2043 College Way
      Forest Grove, OR 97116
      Fax: 503-352-3046
      Email Address: <humanities(at)pacificu.edu>